Become a member of our royalty program
The Garfield County Fair & Rodeo Royalty program is designed to provide an opportunity for young women to be spokespersons for the Garfield County Fair & Rodeo, the sport of rodeo, the western way of life and their community of Garfield County. There are many events in Garfield County, neighboring counties and the state of Colorado that offer opportunities for the royalty to connect with the communities and professionally represent our county and fair. The Royalty Program is also designed to prepare the participants to become future leaders of our community through leadership skills, organizational skills, public speaking and community relations.
Royalty contest and tryout dates
- Contest is October 14, 2017, 8 am - 1 pm Garfield County Fairgrounds
- North Hall and Outdoor Arena (Horses), 8 am – 1 pm
The Garfield County Fair & Rodeo Fair Board is looking for a volunteer Royalty Coordinator for its royalty team. There is an immediate opening for this important volunteer position. The qualifications they are looking for include:
• Solid experience and knowledge of horsemanship, especially equine safety
• The ability to teach and educate novice, intermediate and proficient riders
• Knowledge of riding patterns and the ability to teach them
• Train the young ladies how to carry flags
• Mentor on public speaking and appearances
• Strong team builder and leader
• Open to direction from the fair board members
• Communication with participants, parents, fair board members and liaisons
• Ability to coordinate schedules for the team for practice and appearances
• Attend Colorado Association of Fairs convention with participants in Colorado Springs, November 8-11, 2017
Please contact the Fair Coordinator’s office at 970-945-1377, ext. 4002 or 4003, if you have any questions or if you are interested in this exciting opportunity to serve your community.
Garfield County Fair 2017
The Garfield County Fair in Rifle, Colorado, is entering its 79th year, and is one of the longest running fairs in Colorado. From professional-level rodeos and bull riding, to concerts, parades and youth 4-H livestock shows and sale, the Garfield County Fair is a premier fair!
Scotty McCreery headlined 2017 Concert
Country music star and “American Idol” winner Scotty McCreery headlined the 79th annual Garfield County Fair and Rodeo this summer. The concert was Friday, August 4, 2017.
Grits and Glamour to open 2017 concert
The dynamic country duo of Pam Tillis and Lorrie Morgan brought their "Grits and Glamour" show to the Garfield County Fair and Rodeo Aug. 4.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 2, 2017, 7 PM
GATES OPEN AT 6 PM, EVENT STARTS AT 7 PM
GARFIELD COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS
1001 RAILROAD AVENUE, RIFLE, CO
Photos from the 2017 Family Rodeo